Aesthetic, Craft & Technology
|Aesthetic, Craft & Technology Department Teachers|
Mr Toh Hong Seng
(HOD / ACT)
Mr Ng Sei Heng
(SH / D&T)
Mr Alan Ho Chin Kun
|Mdm Christabel Foon Lai Kuen|
|Mr Tan Zhuo Guan||Mdm Ng Hui Ling||Ms Jenifer Stephanie||Ms Naomi Sum Si Wah|
|Ms Nadirah||Ms Sheila Chua||Ms Siti Aisyah
||Ms Noraida (AED)
|Mr Adrian Cordeiro
Aesthetics, Craft & Technology Department (ACT) consists of 4 subjects – Art, Design & Technology, Food & Nutrition and Music. The department was formed in 2002 when we shifted to Woodlands. We called the members in the department as ACTors and ACTresses. The department has a team of young in the service and energetic teachers. We have attained value-added result for D&T and Art in GCE ‘O’ level examinations.
Foundation Skills Development
- Elements of Art
- Principle of Design
- Introduction to Art forms, Eg. Pop Art
- Introduction to Basic Art History.
- Art / Design Thinking
- Ideas Development & Execution
- Introduction to Modern Art History
Design & Technology
- Introduction to Design
- Chingay design
- Toy design
- Understanding of Design
- Skill-based training
- Design Experience
Food & Nutritions
- To develop students' knowledge in the area of healthy eating and importance of maintaining a balanced diet.
- How to plan balanced and healthy meals for people of different age groups through the use of nutritional tools and healthy cooking methods.
- To create students' awareness in the area of Consumer Studies and to know their rights and responsibilities as consumers.
- To deepen students' knowledge in the area of Food and Nutrition, focusing on the functions of nutrients and meal planning.
- To understand the concepts of food science through exploration and experimentation.
- To develop critical thinking and analysis skills through the coursework curriculum.
General Music Programme (GMP)
Our General Music Programme (GMP) aims to develop the following music skills in our students:
- Sing and play melodic and rhythmic instruments individually and in groups.
- Create and improvise music
- Describe and evaluate music through listening
- Develop understanding of music elements / concepts
- Discern and understand music from various cultures and of various genres
- Understand the role of music in daily living
Secondary 1: Foundation of Music
Areas of Music covered in Secondary 1:
- What is music?
- Music Elements (Melody, Rhythm, Tempo, Structure, Timbre, Texture and Dynamics)
- Rhythmic Notation
- Music Concepts
- Playing of Percussion Instruments
- Making music with everyday items / equipments to make music
Secondary 2: Basic Keyboard and Basic Guitar Programme
Areas of Music covered in Secondary 2:
- Pop Music Influence: various historical influence, artistes, bands, genre & style
- Theory concepts
- Anatomy of the Keyboard / Guitar
- Function of instrument parts
- 5 basic chords (C, G, F, Am, Em)
- Simple playing styles
- Sing and play simple pop songs
Keyboard Course - Students at work
Guitar Course - Students at work